WOW! This is the 3rd year of Summer workshops, but really my first at doing it in a more organised fashion! Student pics from last year...By Kimberly 2007 (top left)
The workshops offered this year are:
- Felt Playscape - Wet and dry felt, 3D sculpture design and techniques - Create your own fantasy design, maybe a lagoon, desert island, cave, forest with a stream on either a hand felted base or felted sweater .
- Knitting - Bring your own needles and yarn and let the skills and grace of Mary Beth help you along. Your may be a beginner or halfway through a complex project, no matter! Plenty of smiles, support and shared skills abound with this knitting circle!
- Dying - Create you own unique playsilks, felt colours, wool roving or custom yarn ready for other projects with natural dyes from Australia.
- Waldorf Dollmaking - Want to experience the magic of making your own doll with traditional Waldorf techniques? Have never done any doll-making before and want to learn how? All levels of doll-makers are welcome to create your very own unique doll. Choose your comfort level of making directly from a pattern or start with a pre-sewn body. Your will learn how to form a head, sew and piece your doll together and correct stuffing techniques to ensure the “life” of your doll!
- Vision Doll - (Autumn) Capture your moment in time by creating a personal doll from what is presented in a very unique way. An extremely liberating class that may also be used for maturing teen girls to creatively and positively express themselves. Only basic sewing skills required. Original patterns will be created and used.