Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer silliness

I don't know about you lot, but Summer has finally arrived in So Cal this past week, phew! We've had the gray May at the beach and then June gloom seeping into July but hurrah! I got a chance ( and reason) to dig out some summer clothes and go hunting for a swimsuit, sad to say however that most of it doesn't fit as well as I remember...mmm may need to do a spot more swimming!

I've been busy teaching some lovely ladies how to sew dolls ( pics when they are done), or paint pictures with wool or sculpt trees with merino roving. So with the penmanship class underway with some hardworking homeschoolers and a few waldorfy kids, it's been a rush of 'stuff' so far. no plans for any getaways or vacation this Summer either so I'll make do with some beachtime and maybe some trips to the Topangan hills. This week, I'm delighted to be spending it taking teacher training classes at the very magical Pasadena Waldorf School - heavenly!

If my painting and sketching techniques reach 'share-able' I'll post them here next week....


guess where?

Levitt Pavilion free concert with LILI HAYDEN,
taken by Little Gandalf, inspired by the rockin' music


Donovan Boy acting up!

student work from wool painting last week - awesome jobs ladies!!

No comments: