Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Le Quiche Cheydleur





I've been neglecting my garden of late and I'm not proud of it...I can only hope that the tomatoes, aubergines and this years' big experiment of melons on a trellis survived my stay in the hills and visits from the Hairy One and fellow green thumbs! I'm sure today's earthquake didn't shake anything loose!

My poor corn stalks have most certainly been eaten by Johnny, Abigail and Elizabeth (Squirralle) so my plans of roasted, creamed and frozen corn will come from the store this year! Here's my favourite quiche recipe that's great for breakfast, lunch or dinner (see table below!)

1 x frozen pie crust or make your own deep dish style with any unbleached grain
3 large eggs
splash of milk ( could be 1/2 cup?)
1/2 small onion coarsely chopped
1 cup of your fav strong cheese
1/2 cup fresh chopped toms from the garden of course!
1 can of creamed corn (for those like me who have none growing now!)
fresh basil, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder to taste - I like lots of everything!

Pre-heat oven to 375 0 and prick crust, pop in for 5 mins to avoid soggy bottom
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, quick whip and pour into hot crust!
Bake until middle is firm, about 40-50 mins and serve!

For brekkie add sausage, with baked beans on the side!
Lunch - add broccoli into mix and serve with green salad and my favourite for dinner is add everything you can lay your hands on( potatoes, courgette etc...and serve with a pile of chippies! Ha HA!
Enjoy!

No comments: