Tuesday, July 22, 2008

40, 50 & 9?

No, not really a math puzzle but possibly an equation of interesting numbers and moreover a realisation (with an S, yes! spell checker...) this is my 50th post, a small but notable milestone, in my 40th year that my shining star son Donovan Boy turned 9 today ( bawl!). You see, I went and blinked and life jaunted me to here and now, I'm not sure I was paying enough attention...

Early this morning at exactly 1.06am - I lay awake hearing him breathe, watching him sleep and remembering the first time I did just that. Closely holding him in my arms and staring in wonder. Who was he and how I could possibly be the guardian of one so sweet? A magic nine years and he is strong of will, dreamy, imaginative, sure of himself, sensitive and loving life. Curiosity abounds while he hunts around the garden for leaves, twigs, or another gray hair of mine to pop under his new 'toy' and examine at 400x. His eyes sparkle, happily digging a huge sandcastle, discovering a new slimy friend and many shiny treasures at the beach, ending with an outrageous slice of chocolate fudge cake and a "This is the best birthday ever"!
Yes, it is...every year....

2 comments:

kat said...

happy number 9 sweet boy!

maltagirl said...

what a lovely post mama. I feel your awe!