Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Schleptember....

Gosh, It's already the end of Ramadan, start of Rosh Hashannah, back to school for the kids and Summer officially is gone ( although we suspected that about two months ago).

I'm behind on my post, felting and laundry duties, well what can I do except wish really hard on a star for a hardworking doppelganger or PA to show up on my doorstep sometime soon? I find myself making stuff in my dreams or planning books, stories, landscapes and travel itineraries whilst I drive around without a radio, so all is not lost, someday I will be creatively fruitful again!!

In the meantime, I try my utmost to avoid the mainstream news, common colds, unfriendly drivers and dust ( makes me wheezy apparently). These avoidance's do not include and are not limited to particularly dark chocolate, Friday night ice cream that's on sale, valued friends who don't mind that I'm never around, and playing the new frenzy game of Ticket to Ride!!

Oh and football season is starting and so is WISC, so I'd better make my picks quick ( go Vikings) and stay on target ( said with star wars inflection)

The summer playground hunting quest with a 2 hour radius, was met with much gusto, off we trekked from highest peaks to rocky shores. It was the jammiest trip ever as I think summer shone upon those days we were away from the chore beasties and the computer.....:-)

summer playground #1
Big Bear mountaintop hiking fun..


yep, I found the place where the sea fairies live...
I may have to felt this one....


summer playground #2, pond weed lake - stripped and dipped!
A quick trot over the southern border for a hot lunch!

Little Gandalf contemplates the surf in la Jolla Cove...

No comments: