Saturday, March 1, 2014

Weather be true. Lion or Lamb?




“If March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb?”



I often wonder about the truth of folk lore, specifially weather lore, for I am a self professed storm- chaser and get quite excited at the prospect of what I like to refer to as 'high weather'! My children of course think I'm a little screwy but one must know thyself ( even if some things don't make sense!)

I wonder if many sayings are based on careful observation or are even accurate or merely the bountiful beliefs of suspicious heretics! The people that came before us truly believed that bad spirits could affect the weather and crops and they were overtly cautious.

This would seem like a fun rhyme and while I get my tornado watch on....here are some other fun sayings to ponder!

A dry March and a wet May? Fill barns and bays with corn and hay.
As it rains in March so it rains in June.
March winds and April showers? Bring forth May flowers.

No comments: